Friday 20 July 2007

Life at Language School

It's amazing to think that I have been here for over 2 months, and have completed 10 weeks of language study. For this evening only I have access to a speedy internet connection as I am in Dar es Salaam, en route to Kenya for a conference, so I am taking advantage of it to pop one or two things on my Blog, which I have sadly neglected until now.

So what is life like at language school - you've seen the pictures, my home (the tent) and the surrounding countryside. As you can see it is a beautiful spot. The only downside is that it is the cold season at the moment, and when I say cold, I mean COLD! Mornings and evenings require several layers - I've even seen woolly hats and hot-water bottles around!

Meet lots of interesting people passing through the campsite, and others that are also doing language school there. Of course, the sad thing is that you make a friend and a few weeks later they are moving on. I guess that's the missionary life - constant comings and goings.

Well, I could waffle on for ages but most of you who are looking at this blog have probably just got my newsletter, so I'll call it a day.

No comments: