Monday 11 February 2008

A weekend in Mshewe

I’d heard time and again how beautiful Mshewe was, but I still hadn’t got round to visiting, until this weekend. On Friday, I accompanied my colleague, who lives in Mshewe, home from work, together with my friend, colleague and housemate – Karin. It really is a beautiful and peaceful place, some 9m from the main road, with lovely views out to the hills, and surrounded by fields of maize and coffee.

On Friday evening a combination of a storm just passed and the sun setting created a spectacular sky.

Taking a little stroll the next day, we saw some beautiful butterflies…

…and this photo is specially for the folk in Lapworth – when I saw the scarecrow, it reminded me of the scarecrow competitions at home, and all the photos I have seen of them despite not being able to attend. So here’s another for the collection…

No comments: