Tuesday 9 November 2010

Here, there and everywhere

So much going on, and so little time to write about it! I've visited a white horse, a model village and Oxford, all giving me opportunities to spend quality time with friends. I've been traipsing the English countryside once again the last few days as I spent a long weekend visiting Kent with a friend from Bible college days, a beautiful and interesting county with its comical oast houses and old castles. Then friends from church came to visit me here at the Wycliffe Centre and we enjoyed a walk through the woods round about (a very muddy one, but the autumn colours more than made up for that). Now it's back at the desk with work to be done, though soon it will be time to join with all my Wycliffe colleagues for the Wycliffe International Day of Prayer. At this time we will be remembering the work of Wycliffe worldwide, as will people all over the world.

As I think about this, I am reminded of my friends and colleagues in Tanzania and how differently their days pass by compared to mine here. I often pause to reflect on what they might be doing, and can't quite get my head round the things they are facing day by day (as the rains begin in a hot Mbeya), while I sit and plan my lessons (in a central heated library in a cold Horsleys Green)!

My friends, Matt & Liz Wisbey, have just written an interesting reflection on some of the different ways we spend our time compared to our Tanzanian friends, which you will find an interesting read, as well as a report on an event coming up here at The Wycliffe Centre that you might be interested in attending. So do take a look at their blog.

No comments: